Monday, February 8, 2010

Double Knit Scarf - Finished




Pattern: Rainbow-scarf


Yarn: Kauni Wool 8/2 Effektgarn




11/15/09The whole point of Kauni is the wonderful color change! Right? So I cast on this really cool scarf (after learning how to double knit on a pot holder) because this scarf is double knit and I just GOTTA have this scarf….anyway, the Kauni is rolling right along and then BANG! SPLICE! color doesn’t blend it just changes! I know you can see how the green is getting darker and then a straight line of lime green interupts it! I was so disappointed! Not enough to rip out and start over mind you…..

1/15/10 I just love this pattern, and this color change is beautiful!!! On my fourth pattern repeat. Only able to complete 5 pattern repeats.

1/20/10 FINISHED!!! I got to say that blocking made a world of difference in the drape of this scarf, the double knit fabric was too thick until I blocked it.

No comments: